August Essentials Challenge | Beautiful Joy

I'm realizing I love a good card making challenge. I typically gravitate to color challenges, but the August Essentials Challenge was all about Alcohol Inks (which I never used before) so I thought I would give it a try. I splattered, smooshed and dabbed my way through this challenge and here are the results. 
How To Summary:
  1. I created some "patterned" paper by dropping, smearing and dabbing more Alcohol Inks on Yupo Paper. 
  2. Once I liked the pattern (going for that marbled-geode look), I used the Concertina Tag die and Modern Christmas die (which is retiring and on SALE!) to create the JOY, stars and holly from the "patterned" Yupo Paper. I also die cut the word beautiful from the Mondu Sakura die. 
  3. I created two cards by using both the letters and the negative die cut and assembled as shown in the photos below.
  4. I added some Washi to the base of the cards to help ground the pieces together but really because *I cannot* stop adding Washi to my card designs. The Washi was a fun find from Felicity Jane
  5. The cards were finished with a little pop of star and clear sequins.

Big Paper Hugs! 🤗
Emily







No comments