Monday, January 5, 2015

Mail 'em Out Monday: Holiday Thank You Cards

Happy Mail 'em Out Monday!

This weekend we put all our holiday decorations away which means we better mail out our holiday thank you cards. The best part of this project, was that my kiddo was involved. I stamped all the cards with Thank you and then we used watercolors to paint in the T-H-A-N and K. We had to create about 8 of these cards, so to speed up the process, I used three time-savers:
  • I placed all the letters on a block and did all the stamping of the word THANK.  Then I went back and stamped the YOU and FOR EVERYTHING. 
Easy Word Block Stamping
  • I cut my stamp...GASP!! Seriously, I have never done this before and the idea has always freaked me out but you know what it worked out great. Because I didn't have a separate "YOU" stamp, I found one in another phrase stamp and made the cut to free myself from fussy inking.
  • Inside the card, I created a quick fill-in the blank printable for the kiddo to write her notes out.
Kids Fill-In the Blank Thank You Card Insert
Here are the cards and the supplies used. The top photo shows the cards I created and second photo are the cards my kiddo created. I think she did an awesome job and I'm not sure you can really tell the difference :-) 
Many Thanks-Mama Elephant-Kit Alpha-Studio Calico
The Supplies
the tools: Memento black ink, paintbrush
the color: Simply Art Watercolor Paint Cakes
the paper: Kids Made Modern Watercolor Tablet; chocolate, pool, sunshine, fuchsia, blossom (Paper Source)
the stamps: Many Thanks (Mama Elephant); Kit Alpha (Studio Calico)